- ticket title
- Africare Commemorates Its 50th Anniversary With Planned Sunset Of All U.S. Operations And Assisting In Standing Up A New “PanAfricare” On The Continent
- مؤسسة “أفريكير” تحتفل بالذكرى الـ 50 لتأسيسها، وتعلن عن تصفية كل عملياتها في الولايات المتحدة، والمساعدة في تأسيس مؤسسة جديدة “بان أفريكير” في القارة الأفريقية
- JA Solar Supplies Modules for Malaysia’s First Bifacial-Plus-Trackers Project
- Former Ivory Coast International Footballer Runs for Football Federation Presidency
- Suspected Boko Haram Militants Kill 16 in Northern Cameroon
The President John Dramani Mahama has assured the people of Anlo Traditional area that they will have their share of the national cake.
He mentioned that electric poles had already started arriving in the Region which showed government’s readiness to connect all towns and villages to the national grid.
The president said all their demands would be met and also urged them to pray for the government to come out of the economic challenges being faced in recent times. He promised to construct Awormefia’s palace in the Traditional Area.
The people of Anlo Traditional Area on 1st November 2014 celebrated their annual Traditional festival at Anloga. This year’s Hogbetsotso festival was the 52nd and was celebrated in a grand style. The rich cultures of Anlos were displayed by the people through drumming and dressing. The festival began around 10:45am which saw the arrival of the President John Dramani Mahama and his entourage around 11:15 am to grace the occasion. It was joy all over the place when the president stepped his feet on to the durbar ground.
In his speech, the Awormefia Togbi Sri III, thanked the government for the construction of Sea Defense wall at Atorkor which prevented the sea from further destruction of the area and urged the government to get more funds for the fourth phase of the project. He further asked the government to extend electricity to the communities which have not yet been covered.
Togbi Sri reminded the government of the slow pace of the developmental projects in Anlo Traditional area and the Volta Region as a whole.
A-high profile personalities including the following were present to grace the occasion: Hon. Daniel Abodakpi – The former ambassador to Malaysia, Hon. Clement Kofi Humado – MP for Anlo Constituency, Hon. Richard Quarshigah – MP for Keta Constituency,Hon. Kwabla Adzaho – DCE, Kpetoe – Ziope, Hon. Sylvester Tornyeava – MCE Keta Municipal, Hon. Pascal Lamptey – MCE Ketu South, Mr. Raymond Okudzeto – Founder, Volta Foundation and Hon. Assembly members.
Source: ISD (Freedom Vitashie)