Wednesday, 18/9/2019 | 7:46 UTC+0
Libyan Newswire

Presidency Council Spokesman: Military Operation Launched Under Name of 'Homeland Storm'.

Presidency Council Spokesman: Military Operation Launched
Under Name of ‘Homeland Storm’.Monday , 0204201819:09:00

Tripoli, 2 April 2018(Lana) The official Spokesman of the
Presidency Council Mohamed Al Salak has announced that a military
operation had been launched, on instructions from the Commander in
Chief of the Armed Forces, under the name ‘Homeland Storm’, and as
part of commitment to the safety and wellbeing of the country, and to
eliminate the terrorist spots.
The operation mounted by the anti-terrorism force starts at the
valleys stretching at the Gate 60km east of Misrata to the suburbs
of the cities of Bani Walid, Tarhuna, Msalata, Al Khoms and Zletin,
Al Salak said at the press conference he gave at the Government
headquarters in Tripoli today.
Al Salak said the President of the Presidency Council renewed
his condemnation of the heinous assault on the checkpoint east of
Ajdabiya on Friday, and stressed the need to unite all effort to
combat terrorism.
The President of the Presidency Council welcomes any efforts that
might lead to reconciliation, and lauds the constructive move taken
by Misrata and Al Zantan in this regard, the Spokesman said.
The Spokesman said the Council has decided among other issues to
raise the benefits for aided domestic service for people of special
needs to LD 450.
It also decided to set up a committee to address the issue of
stumbling Chinese companies projects in Libya, to be chaired by the
Minister of Planning Al Taher Al Jheimi, and with Ahmed Al Aradi from
the Economic and Social Development Fund, Yusuf Bshir from the
Housing Projects Authority, Mahmoud Ajaj from the Financial Market,
Adel Al Jmail from the Railway Project and Naser Belnour from the
Audit Office as well as a representative of the Central Bank of Libya
as members.
=Lana=

-->