- ticket title
- Shanghai Electric Showcases Smart Energy Solution at China International Industrial Expo on World’s Clean Up Day
- Huawei FusionServer Pro 2488H V5 Sets a New Record in SAP® BWH Benchmark
- Secureworks Named a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Managed Security Services (MSS) 2020 Vendor Assessment
- Secureworks تحصد لقب رائدة في عالم IDC MarketScape: تقييم البائعين لعام 2020 الخاص بخدمات الأمن المُدارة في كل أنحاء العالم (MSS)
- جريت وول موتورز تعلن خطة الطرح العالمية لعربات نصف نقل من الفئة P
13:06 23.05.2016(updated 13:07 23.05.2016)
The right-wing Sweden Democrats party and the Left Party could initiate proceedings to stall the ratification of the Host Nation Support Agreement (HNSA) between Sweden and NATO for one year, local media reported Monday.
MOSCOW (Sputnik) – The HNSA, signed in late 2014, would allow NATO to carry out military exercises on Swedish territory and come to its aid at the country’s invitation.
A stay of proceedings to delay the ratification of the deal requires the support of 58 lawmakers in Sweden’s 349-seat parliament, with the issue expected to be put to a vote on Wednesday.
The two parties combined have 69 seats in parliament.
Sweden officially declares the country is neutral and non-aligned. Despite it being a part of the bloc, the country does sometimes contributes to various NATO operations. In 2011, Sweden became the only country, neither a member of NATO nor the Arab League, to participate in the no-fly zone over Libya by sending there its air force upon NATO’s request.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|