- ticket title
- Mi’tig Meets UN Special Representative and Human Affairs Coordinator
- GNA Minister of Transport on Inspection Tour of Mi’tiga Inter
- Foreign Ministry Publishes Book It Says Historical Account of 400 Years of Libyan Diplomacy
- Cross-border Movement Normal at Ras Jdeir Crossing
- Can the Paris Agreement Succeed Without the United States?
13:06 23.05.2016(updated 13:07 23.05.2016)
The right-wing Sweden Democrats party and the Left Party could initiate proceedings to stall the ratification of the Host Nation Support Agreement (HNSA) between Sweden and NATO for one year, local media reported Monday.
MOSCOW (Sputnik) – The HNSA, signed in late 2014, would allow NATO to carry out military exercises on Swedish territory and come to its aid at the country’s invitation.
A stay of proceedings to delay the ratification of the deal requires the support of 58 lawmakers in Sweden’s 349-seat parliament, with the issue expected to be put to a vote on Wednesday.
The two parties combined have 69 seats in parliament.
Sweden officially declares the country is neutral and non-aligned. Despite it being a part of the bloc, the country does sometimes contributes to various NATO operations. In 2011, Sweden became the only country, neither a member of NATO nor the Arab League, to participate in the no-fly zone over Libya by sending there its air force upon NATO’s request.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|