- ticket title
- LIBYA: NEWS PHOTOGRAPHER KILLED IN TRIPOLI CLASHES
- SCORES OF MIGRANTS UNACCOUNTED FOR AFTER BOAT CAPSIZES OFF LIBYA: IOM
- Reports: Shipwrecks in Mediterranean Kill 170 Migrants
- Ten Confirmed Dead, 10 Missing From Burning Ships Off Kerch Strait
- Egypt Says Clashes Kill 7 Troops, 59 Militants in Sinai
More than 100 migrants died in early September when their rubber boats were wrecked off the coast of Libya, the MSF aid agency on Monday quoted survivors as saying.
The two boats had set out from the Libyan coast early on Sept. 1, each carrying scores of people, mostly African, Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) said in a statement on its website.
One boat’s engine failed and the other began to deflate, it quoted a survivor as saying. Some survived by clinging to floating wreckage. Many people were brought to the Libyan port of Khoms on Sept. 2 by the Libyan coastguard, MSF said.
Source: National News Agency