- ticket title
- Lavarov: UN Alone Capable Of Guaranteeing Integrity Of Libya
- Celebrations Making Anniversary Of Feb
- Head Of Presidency Council Announces Launch Of The 2020 Humanitarian Response Plan For Libya
- British National Security Adviser Discuss With Egyptian Foreign Minister Developments In Libya
- US Secretary Of State: We Hope Political Negotiation In Libya Start By End Of This Month
PARIS, July 12, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — For all those who want to remain in touch at all times, even when they do not have their smartphone with them, Orange is now offering the Samsung Gear S2 Classic 3G smartwatch, with the recommended Multi-SIM Calls & Internet option(1) [Multi-SIM Appels & Internet].
Receive your calls even when you don’t have your smartphone with you, thanks to the Samsung Gear S2 Classic 3G with the Multi-SIM Calls & Internet option
On July 12th, Orange launches the Samsung Gear S2 3G smartwatch, the first device equipped with an e-SIM, the new generation of SIM card, directly built into the product. No need to do anything with the SIM card, the watch is activated directly by the operator. Plus, the e-SIM makes it possible to offer more refined products with an improved design on 3G Smartwatches.
Thanks to its 3G connectivity, this very practical smartwatch allows the wearer to directly receive calls, messages and mobile applications notifications(3). It thus allows users to make the most of their leisure time by leaving their smartphone at home.
It also incorporates a GPS, a heart rate monitor and 4GB of memory to store music that the wearer can listen to on Bluetooth headphones, for example, while doing sporting activities.
The Gear S2 3G smartwatch is compatible with Android(4) smartphones. It is available at a price of € 399.99(5) in selected Orange stores(6).
To benefit from this enhanced connectivity, Orange recommends mobile customers to subscribe to the Multi-SIM Calls & Internet option for € 5/month plus a € 10 activation fee.
Gemalto provides Orange with a secure platform which enables it to manage the customer’s mobile subscription seamlessly and remotely, for the connected smartwatch with built-in SIM. This Gemalto solution complies with the first version of the specifications defined by the industry as a whole within the framework of the GSMA, an association of mobile operators and industrial players.
“We are delighted to launch this connected watch with a built-in SIM with Gemalto and Samsung and to offer our customers the very best of innovation. From now, our customers remain connected even when leaving their smartphone at home (doing sporting activities, or need to run a quick errand without having to carry their smartphones…). They will get incoming calls and notifications wherever they go,” points out Laetitia Orsini-Sharps, Marketing Director, Consumer Access Offers for Orange France
“Gemalto is currently committed to several projects involving both the industrial and the consumer sector, and is currently a leader on this market, as confirmed by the latest report from ABI Research(7)“, underlines Philippe Cambriel, Executive Vice President of Gemalto. “In a world where billions of machines and individuals need to stay connected on a permanent basis, the remote management of subscriptions is essential to improve the user experience”.
(1) Sharing of calls and internet for an Orange mobile package (excluding SMS/MMS) on a second compatible device. See orange.fr for details of the option
(2) SAR is a quantitative measure of the maximum level of exposure of the user to electromagnetic fields when a device is held in a position of use close to the mouth. European regulations require that SAR must not exceed 2W/kg. SAR measurements may have been calculated relative to a certain distance from a simulated human organism. Please refer to the manufacturer’s brochure for further information (3) The Samsung Gear application, which must be used for pairing the watch, by default allows SMS text messages to be synchronized and sent from the watch with the number of the user’s smartphone. Samsung Gear also supports the synchronization of notifications, messages, e-mails and applications. This will only work when the smartphone is switched on and connected to the Internet. Samsung guarantees full compatibility with Samsung Galaxy smartphones, but the degree of compatibility may vary with other compatible smartphones.
(4) Smartphones running Android 4.4 and above, with 1.5 GB of RAM or more (See list of compatible devices: http://www.samsung.com/global/
(5) Recommended Retail Price on July 12, 2016
(6) See conditions of the offer and list of participating stores on boutique.orange.fr
(7) ABI Research report “E-SIM IN THE CONSUMER MARKET: OPPORTUNITIES AND THREATS” dated October 26, 2015
Orange is one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators with sales of 40 billion euros in 2015 and 155,000 employees worldwide at 31 March 2016, including 96,000 employees in France. Present in 28 countries, the Group has a total customer base of 252 million customers worldwide at 31 March 2016, including 191 million mobile customers and 18 million fixed broadband customers. Orange is also a leading provider of global IT and telecommunication services to multinational companies, under the brand Orange Business Services. In March 2015, the Group presented its new strategic plan “Essentials2020” which places customer experience at the heart of its strategy with the aim of allowing them to benefit fully from the digital universe and the power of its new generation networks.
Orange is listed on Euronext Paris (symbol ORA) and on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol ORAN).
Orange and any other Orange product or service names included in this material are trademarks of Orange or Orange Brand Services Limited.
Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 GTO) is the global leader in digital security, with 2015 annual revenues of €3.1 billion and customers in over 180 countries. We bring trust to an increasingly connected world.
Our technologies and services enable businesses and governments to authenticate identities and protect data so they stay safe and enable services in personal devices, connected objects, the cloud and in between.
Gemalto’s solutions are at the heart of modern life, from payment to enterprise security and the internet of things. We authenticate people, transactions and objects, encrypt data and create value for software – enabling our clients to deliver secure digital services for billions of individuals and things.
Our 14,000+ employees operate out of 118 offices, 49 personalization and data centers, and 27 research and software development centers located in 46 countries.
Emmanuelle Gourlet: +33 (0)1 55 22 23 11- email@example.com
Emmanuel Gauthier: +33 (0)1 44 44 93 93- firstname.lastname@example.org
Sophie Dombres: +33 (0)4 42 36 57 38 – email@example.com
Agence Lewis: Célia Casabianca & Natacha Kalasa – +33 (0)1 83 94 04 97 / +33 (0)1 55 31 75 63 / GemaltoFrance@teamlewis.com