- ticket title
- Mediterranean Migrant Arrivals Reach 91,568 in 2019; Deaths Reach 1,091
- Regular press briefing by the Information Service: Syria, Yemen, World migration trends (15 November 2019)
- UNHCR Update Libya (15 November 2019) [EN/AR]
- Hunger, displacement and migration – A joint innovative approach to assessing needs of migrants in Libya
- Five things you need to know this week about global education (15 November 2019)
23 Apr 2015
“Tragic” consequences of climate change
The dramatic impact of climate change on people’s lives demands a collective response, the Director-General of the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) has warned.
José Graziano da Silva said the international community needs to come together to tackle climate change.
He added that climate-related factors were already having a direct and “tragic” consequence on the world’s most vulnerable people.
UN calls for humanitarian access in South Sudan
The UN Humanitarian Coordinator in South Sudan has called for the unconditional freedom of movement for aid workers in the country.
Toby Lanzer’s request has come in response to deteriorating conditions for humanitarian organizations in Pagak, in Upper Nile State.
Meanwhile in Malakal, the capital of Upper Nile State, the UN mission (UNMISS) has reported the resumption of fighting a kilometre south of the mission’s compound.
Saudi Arabia donates US$274m to Yemen humanitarian appeal
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has been recognized by the United Nations for its US$274 million donation towards the recently issued humanitarian appeal for Yemen.
The UN is warning that the Yemen Humanitarian Response Plan, which will be revised in the coming weeks, will require additional support for the rest of the year.
Stephanie Coutrix, United Nations.