- ticket title
- Libya Peace Summit: Berlin talks must prioritize accountability for war crimes
- Salama: Berlin Conference Success Would Enable Displaced People Return To Their Homes
- Russian Foreign Ministry: Participants In Berlin Conference Will Submit Their Final Statement To Security Council
- UN Secretary General: Hostilities In Libya Is Rejected And All Must Support Berlin Conference
- Putin to take part in Berlin conference on Libya on January 19
13 Feb 2015
Food support for communities recovering from Ebola
Communities in West Africa that are recovering from the Ebola outbreak are receiving three months of food assistance from the World Food Programme (WFP).
The UN agency says Ebola-free communities need continued support to help people restart their lives.
A new partnership between WFP and the World Health Organization will also assist health workers in getting to zero cases by providing support to 63 surveillance sites, some in remote areas.
“Visible progress” by local authorities in promoting reconciliation in CAR
Visible progress has been made by local authorities in the Central African Republic to promote reconciliation and provide protection to vulnerable communities.
That’s what the UN Deputy Emergency Relief Coordinator Kyung-wha Kang said after visiting the town of Yaloke, 250 km north-west of the capital,Bangui.
Some 500 people from the Fulani pastoralist minority have been stranded for almost a year in warehouses under the protection of the UN Mission in the Central African Republic, MINUSCA.
Fighting between Christian and Muslim militias has displaced thousands of people.
New cases of MERS virus reported in Saudi Arabia
New cases of the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus are being reported on an almost daily basis in Saudi Arabia, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).
People have been contracting it from camels or close contact with people who have the disease.
For the first time, a case was confirmed in the Philippines, in addition to some cases in Omanand the United Arab Emirates.