- ticket title
- Remarks at joint press encounter with German Chancellor Angela Merkel following Libya Conference: Antonio Guterres
- The Berlin Conference on Libya – Conference Conclusions (19 January 2020)
- SRSG Ghassan Salame remarks to the press at the International Conference on Libya – Berlin, 19 January 2020
- U.S. calls for immediate resumption of operations by Libya’s NOC
- UN Chief Urges International Pressure to Solidify Libyan Cease-Fire
6 Feb 2015
NEWS IN BRIEF (A.M.) 6 FEBRUARY 2015
1. Somali government urged to move political process forward
Political leaders in Somalia have been urged by the UN Security Council to make greater efforts to quickly establish an inclusive and representative government.
The members of the Council have expressed their concern at the ongoing political crisis in the Horn of Africa country.
They urged the new government, once formed to accelerate the process of establishing the National Independent Electoral Commission.
2. Tribute paid to slain Japanese reporter in Syria
Japanese journalist, Kenji Goto who was recently murdered by the Islamic State terrorists has been remembered by the UN food agency.
The World Food Programme (WFP) has said that the late journalist provided incredible support to its work in the last few years of his life.
3. Displaced families in Iraq get clothing vouchers
More than 6, 000 displaced families in the cities of Dohuk and Erbil in northern Iraq are receiving clothing vouchers, according a UN partner agency.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) says it started distributing $450 vouchers this week to enable the families to buy warm clothing and survive winter.
4. American Actor highlights humanitarian issues in South Sudan
The American actor, Forest Whitaker has arrived in South Sudan where he will highlight the problems faced by up to two million displaced people.
Mr Whitaker who is a UN Special Envoy for Peace and Reconciliation is visiting the civil war-torn country with the UN’s top humanitarian official. Valerie Amos.