- ticket title
- Minister of Employment and Rehabilitation meets with head of IOM
- Ministry of Economy and Industry lifts subsidy for Kerosene for commercial and industrial use
- Food & Drug Control centre convenes workshop on improving olive oil quality
- GNA Minister of Economy Discuss Economic Reform With Deputy head of UN Mission in Libya
- Italian Embassy Calls for Immediate Cessation of Combat Operations in Tripoli
New British Ambassador Hands Over Credentials to President
of Presidency Council.
Sunday , 13– 05– 2018 – 18:39:00
Tripoli, 13 May 2018(Lana) The New British Ambassador to Libya
Frank Baker on Saturday handed over his credentials to the President
of the Presidency Council of the Government of National Accord Fayez
Al Serraj in presence of Foreign Minister Mohamed Siala.
In a statement, the Ambassador underscored the close links
between Libya and Britain, indicating that Libyans and Britons had
stood together at the World War II, and paid tribute to the
sacrifices made by the two peoples.
He said his country, as part of an international consensus, stood
behind the GNA to provide services for the citizens of Libya and help
restore the country’s standing among the community of nations.
The Ambassador said the British Embassy would soon start
issuing entry visas for Libyan nationals, as it is now officially
operating from Tripoli.
On his part, Al Serraj thanked Britain for its support of the
Government of National Consensus and political track, highlighting
the relationship between the two countries.
Baker is replacing Peter Millett, whose assignment came to an
end in December 2017.