- ticket title
- Minister of Employment and Rehabilitation meets with head of IOM
- Ministry of Economy and Industry lifts subsidy for Kerosene for commercial and industrial use
- Food & Drug Control centre convenes workshop on improving olive oil quality
- GNA Minister of Economy Discuss Economic Reform With Deputy head of UN Mission in Libya
- Italian Embassy Calls for Immediate Cessation of Combat Operations in Tripoli
The following is attributable to Spokesperson Heather Nauert:
Secretary Tillerson met with Qatari Foreign Minister Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani and reaffirmed the strong relationship between our two countries. During their meeting, the leaders emphasized their mutual commitment to work toward a stronger partnership and a more secure region.
Specifically, the Secretary thanked the Qatari Foreign Minister for the ongoing security cooperation between the United States and Qatar. He also thanked Qatar for its critical support to the global coalition to defeat ISIS and specifically mentioned Qatar’s multibillion dollar investment in funding the Combined Air and Operations Center. The two leaders also reviewed Qatar’s continuing efforts to stop the financing of terrorist groups, including prosecuting suspected financiers, freezing assets, and introducing stringent controls to its banking system.
Finally, Secretary Tillerson and Foreign Minister Al Thani also confirmed a shared interest in a political solution leading to a successful government in Libya.