- ticket title
- GIEWS Country Brief: Libya 17-October-2019
- Libya Says 82 Illegal Immigrants Rescued Off Western Coast
- Sudan Border Closures With Libya, CAR Begin to Have Impact
- French Foreign Minister: Libyan Key Players Convinced Solution to Crisis is Political
- Russian Foreign Minister: Armed Confrontation in Libya Created Security Vacuum
Tripoli The National Oil Company said the national grid has lost 750 megawatts of its capacity as a result of fuel shortage used in generation units. In a statement, a copy of which was obtained by the Libyan news agency, the Company said it resorted to load shedding to secure and stabilize the network. It appealed to authorities to intervene to secure a steady supply of fuel for generation stations, specially at the time temperatures are so high and power demand on the increase. Tripoli and the surrounding areas had to endure long hours of power outing on Thursday and Friday, sometimes reaching fifteen hours in a 44 degrees Celsius temperature.
Source: Libya News Agency