- ticket title
- NOC Calls for End to Clashes in Southern Tripoli and to Save its Facilities
- EU: Berlin Conference an Opportunity for Ending Political and Military Struggle in Libya
- Belgian UN Representative: Arms Embargo in Libya is Violated by UN Members
- Concluding Session, Third Committee Sends 17 Drafts to General Assembly as Delegates Joust over Language on Sexual, Reproductive Health, Rights
- President of Presidency Council Discuss With Undersecretary Health Ministry Needs
Tripoli, The Minister of Justice in the Government of National Accord Mohamed Abdel Wahed '' on Thursday, met with Deputy Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya and Resident Coordinator for Humanitarian Affairs Yacoub El Helou '' along with the Political Affairs Advisor of the Mission. The two sides discussed the efforts exerted to improve performance and find the appropriate mechanism to provide optimal assistance. The minister praised the cooperation and partnership between the ministry and the UN mission, stressing that it is one of the priorities of the Ministry of Justice to ensure respect for human rights and international standards for the treatment of prisoners. The minister also expressed the ministry's keenness to improve the conditions of detention within the correctional and rehabilitation institutions and to raise the level of health services and psychosocial care provided to these inmates, and the ministry looks forward to international support in particular to ensure access to international standards adopted in penal institutions in the comparative systems. For his part, the UN Resident Coordinator for Humanitarian Affairs expressed his deep gratitude for the role played by the ministry, especially in the field of human rights and providing the best services to the inmates inside reform and rehabilitation institutions, hoping that the Libyan state will overcome the current crisis as soon as possible.