- ticket title
- Libya: Russian FM calls for early ceasefire at meeting with UN-backed GNA officials
- EASTERN FORCES QUIT LIBYAN CAPITAL AFTER YEAR-LONG ASSAULT
- Libya: Landmines Left After Armed Group Withdraws [EN/AR]
- Ethiopian Diaspora Champions Digital Apps in Fight Against COVID
- How COVID Is Affecting Elections in Africa
A Syrian monitor says Islamic State fighters are being evacuated from the last insurgent enclave near Damascus, a move that will restore state control over the area.
The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says the evacuation of the fighters and their families from Yarmuk Palestinian refugee camp began Sunday. Buses were carrying the fighters and their families to the Syrian Desert, east of the capital.
Reuters reports the enclave is the last besieged insurgent area in western Syria.
Source: Voice of America