- ticket title
- UN envoy pushes to stop ‘blatant’ embargo violations in Libya
- Rwanda Receives More African Refugees From Libya
- Tunisia: Post-Debate Handshake Hailed as Pro-Democracy Sign
- Delegates Stress Urgent Need for Weather Resilient Farming, Combating Hunger, as Second Committee Debates Agriculture, Food Security, Nutrition
- President of the Presidential Council briefed on the arrangements for the start of the new school year
Tripoli- A ministerial meeting was held in Tripoli headed by State Minister for Displaced Affairs, Yusuf Jalala and included Minister of Local Government and Deputy Minister for Social Affairs, Displaced Affairs Coordinator at the Office of the State Minister for the Displaced, and Head of Branch of Libyan for Relief and Humanitarian Assistance, to discuss repercussions of humanitarian crisis south and west of Tripoli. The Communications & Media Department of the Cabinet reported that the meeting covered work mechanism among various agencies to offer basic services to the displaced due to armed clashes, and rally efforts to alleviate the suffering of civilians and offer their urgent needs, unify database of displaced people to streamline support to targeted families. The meeting underscored the importance of opening shelters away from clashes areas to avoid further losses among civilians and organize management mechanism within and outside Tripoli and coordinate with afflicted municipalities and Local Government Ministry, besides further efforts to brief the Presidency Council's Crisis Committee of basic needs of the public to furnish and distribute such aid to the displaced.
Source: Libya News Agency