- ticket title
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Libya’s Migrant Report: Round 26 | June – July 2019
- UNHCR Update Libya (13 September 2019)
- IOM Returns 127 Stranded Migrants Safely to 15 Countries Across Africa, Asia
- Scarred by Libya Abuse, Migrants Hope for New Life in Europe
- Nigeria’s child detainees, Myanmar’s ‘out of control’ military, and a ‘safe zone’ in Syria: The Cheat Sheet
July 14, 2015 – Ottawa, Ontario – Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
The Honourable Rob Nicholson, P.C., Q.C., M.P. for Niagara Falls, Minister of Foreign Affairs, today issued the following statement:
“Canada welcomes the political agreement initialled in Morocco on July 12, 2015—an agreement which constitutes a vital first step toward the restoration of peace and stability in Libya, and the resumption of the democratic transition process. We salute the resolve, determination and courage of those responsible for the negotiation of this agreement.
“We call upon those members of the political dialogue who have yet to commit to this agreement to do so without delay. Only a united Libya can hope to mobilize the political, social, institutional, economic and security resources necessary to end violence, restore the rule of law, deliver essential services, rebuild institutions, address pressing humanitarian needs, and protect and defend human rights.
“Canada will continue to stand with Libya and the Libyan people in their effort to build a prosperous, inclusive and democratic society, free from the scourge of violent extremism and terrorism.”
Office of the Minister of Foreign Affairs
Media Relations Office
Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
Follow us on Twitter: @CanadaFP
Like us on Facebook: Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada-DFATD