- ticket title
- France Says It Killed Al-Qaida North Africa Chief With US Help
- Libya conflict: UN-backed GNA regains full control of Tripoli from east-based warlord Gen Haftar
- Secretary Pompeo’s Call with United Arab Emirates Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Thirty countries will benefit as Global Environment Facility funds FAO-led projects
- LIBYA GOVERNMENT SAYS RETAKES HAFTAR’S LAST REDOUBT IN WEST
At least 20 migrants have died after falling into the sea about 50km (30 miles) off the Libyan coast, says the Italian coastguard.
The overcrowded boat was carrying some 500 migrants and a rescue operation is under way, reports say.
"There's a critical situation... About 200 people fell into the water," a spokesman told AFP news agency.
The central Mediterranean route for illegal migration to Europe is currently the busiest.
More than 50,000 migrants have reached Italy this year.
The route is also the most deadly.
Source: National News Agency