- ticket title
- Five Key Factors for a Future-Oriented Digital Transformation of Electric Power Enterprises
- مجموعة تأجير السيارات النادرة الرائدة في الإمارات العربية المتحدة تشارك شركة “نابولو لتصميم البرمجيات” في نيويورك لتقديم منتجات تقنية متطورة إلى العالم العربي
- دواء “أفيجان” يظهر نتائج واعدة في علاج مرضى “كوفيد-19” في اليابان
- GWM Set to Debut New Models at Auto China 2020
- Egypt Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources: Joint Declaration – Signing The East Mediterranean Gas Forum Statute
REDMOND, Washington, May 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Microsoft Corp. on Wednesday announced it reached an agreement to sell the company’s entry-level feature phone assets to FIH Mobile Ltd., a subsidiary of Hon Hai/Foxconn Technology Group, and HMD Global, Oy for $350 million. As part of the deal, FIH Mobile Ltd. will also acquire Microsoft Mobile Vietnam — the company’s Hanoi, Vietnam, manufacturing facility. Upon close of this deal, approximately 4,500 employees will transfer to, or have the opportunity to join, FIH Mobile Ltd. or HMD Global, Oy, subject to compliance with local law.
Microsoft will continue to develop Windows 10 Mobile and support Lumia phones such as the Lumia 650, Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL, and phones from OEM partners like Acer, Alcatel, HP, Trinity and VAIO.
As part of the deal, Microsoft will transfer substantially all of its feature phone assets, including brands, software and services, care network and other assets, customer contracts, and critical supply agreements, subject to compliance with local law. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of 2016, subject to regulatory approvals and other closing conditions.
Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT” @microsoft) is the leading platform and productivity company for the mobile-first, cloud-first world, and its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.