- ticket title
- Amid COVID-19, Strong Multilateral System Key to Delivering for World’s Most Vulnerable, European Union Foreign Policy Chief Tells Security Council
- Libyan trafficker’s family kill 30 migrants in revenge, says government, UN
- The Supreme Council Of Libyan Tribes Welcomes The Position Of The Algerian Leadership For Calling For A Meeting Between The Libyan Parties
- The Brussels International Center Organizes A Conference To Discuss The Libyan Crisis
- Russian-Italian Agreement On The Importance Of Stopping Armed Escalation In Libya
The crisis in Libya and its political settlement were the main issues discussed by Minister for Maghreb and African Affairs Abdelkader Messahel with Spanish officials, during his two-day visit to Madrid.
Messahel underlined Friday, at the end of his visit, that Algeria and Spain “convergent views on the need for political solution to the crisis in Libya.”
“We have to move towards a solution that preserves the territorial integrity and unity of Libya, the formation of a national unity government, which will act as an interlocutor and the interface not only of the Libyan people but also for the international community,” said Messahel.
“Our views are fully convergent not only regarding the need for political solution but also the means to reach it,” he said, adding that the “stabilization in Libya will allow more efficient fight against the terrorist threat in the sub-region.”
Algeria and Spain support the efforts of the United Nations, through its representative, Bernardino Leon to resolve the crisis in Libya, said Messahel.
During his discussions with the Spanish officials, Messahel presented a report on Algeria’s action in the fight against terrorism, including the preparation for a conference on terrorism financing, scheduled for July or the end of the year at the latest.
Messahel, started Thursday a two-day visit to Madrid, at the invitation of Spanish Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, Ignacio Ybanez.
During his visit, he held a conference on “regional security,” emphasizing that “the peaceful solution remains the only means for the resolution of conflicts and disputes,” adding that “the political solution isolate terrorist groups, unveil their true nature and objectives and enable the mobilization of the available resources to better combat them.”
Source : Algerie Presse Service