- ticket title
- Fighting Rages as Libya Force Pushes Toward Key Western City
- Fractured Tunisian Parliament Moves Toward Agreement on PM
- Merkel Stresses That Europe Has An Interest In Preventing The Escalation Of The Conflict In Libya
- The German Chancellor And The Chinese President Discuss Implementing The Outputs Of The Berlin Conference On Libya
- Chad’s Foreign Minister: The Spread Of Arms And The Worsening Situation In The Sahel Have Been Caused By The Libyan Crisis
11 Feb 2015
An incident in which 300 people reportedly went missing while crossing the Mediterranean Sea has been described as a “major tragedy” by the UN Refugee Agency, UNCHR.
The migrants and refugees mainly from sub-Saharan Africa were attempting to travel by boat from Libya to Italy.
Last year, 600 people died in two tragedies off the coast of Lampedusa.
Jocelyne Sambira has been speaking to UNHCR’s Babar Baloch.