- ticket title
- DTM Libya – Murzuq Flash Update (20 August 2019)
- US State Department: US and Egyptian Foreign Ministers Stress Importance of Political Solution in Libya
- Committee Set up to Follow Court Ruling on Libyan Assets Abroad Convenes
- Deadly airstrikes and drone hits displace thousands of civilians in Libya oasis town
- Niger: Country Operation Update, June-July 2019
TRIPOLI, Libya� Libya's Civil Aviation Authority, on Wednesday, closed M'etiga International Airport of the capital Tripoli, due to infiltration of unidentified drone aircraft.
Based on instructions from the Civil Aviation Authority, air traffic was suspended this morning, at M'etiga International Airport, for the second day in a row, the airport administration said in a statement.
The decision of suspending work at the airport was to preserve air safety from drone infiltration to the airport, the statement added.
No statement from the government has been issued yet, regarding the incident.
This is the first time that the airport is closed, due to unknown drone aircraft.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK