- ticket title
- Minister of Employment and Rehabilitation meets with head of IOM
- Ministry of Economy and Industry lifts subsidy for Kerosene for commercial and industrial use
- Food & Drug Control centre convenes workshop on improving olive oil quality
- GNA Minister of Economy Discuss Economic Reform With Deputy head of UN Mission in Libya
- Italian Embassy Calls for Immediate Cessation of Combat Operations in Tripoli
TRIPOLI, Dec 4 — The Interim Libyan Government said Thursday that the army will head to the capital city to protect it against extremists and gunmen.
A statement by the government, obtained by KUNA, said that the new military operation would focus on expelling terrorists from Tripoli, noting that any group causing chaos and threatening civilians will be dealt with.
The statement called on the gunmen to surrender their arms in order to spare their lives and to maintain law and order in the capital city.
The recent escalation in violence in several Libyan cities and regions has led many world leaders and heads of international organizations to express their concerns over the issue.