- ticket title
- جامعة محمد بن زايد للذكاء الاصطناعي تفتح أبواب التقديم
- تقرير جديد لمعهد المعايير الصحية والتقييم لأفريقيا جنوب الصحراء يخلص إلى أن ارتداء الكمامات وغيرها من إجراءات الوقاية الأخرى يمكن أن يخفض الوفيات بـ 75,000 بحلول 1 ديسمبر
- تحالف كوفيد لأفريقيا يطلق مبادرة بـ 100 مليون دولار لشراء معدات الحماية الشخصية للعمال الصحيين المجتمعيين في أفريقيا
- شركة جي بي أكس غلوبال سيستمز تعلن عن بيع عملياتها في الهند
- Two models to be launched together, GAC MOTOR brings the urban SUV GS5 and the versatile MPV GN6 to Bahrain market on August 16
In an apparent attempt to restore stability in the beleaguered country, Libyan armed forces have declared a state of emergency, temporarily putting all democratic processes on hold.
Ali Katrani, head of the Presidential Council at the Government of National Accord, told Sputnik that the state of emergency imposed by the military heralds the beginning of a transition period that will allow Libya to restore its territorial integrity.
The military, led by Field Marshal Khalifa Haftar, will take charge of the country during this time; once the country is united once again, the government will then focus its attention on reaching a political consensus within the nation.
Katrani pointed out that the Libyan National Army owes its successes in the fight against Daesh (ISIS/ISIL) and other terrorist groups due to the overwhelming popular support at home and to the recognition of its legitimacy abroad.
According to Katrani, during the state of emergency all government institutions except for the house of representatives will suspend their activities; as the army assumes control of the country, military governors will be assigned to each region and military field courts will come into operation.
He also insisted that the army does not seek to permanently seize power in the country, and as soon as the situation in Libya is stable the country will return to democracy: parliamentary and presidential elections will be held and a special committee will set to work on developing a constitution.
The time for coups in the world is over, Katrani declared, and if the people of Libya wish to see Haftar as their leader and he reciprocates, then the field marshal will participate in presidential elections.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|