- ticket title
- Electricity company: number of power stations in Qasr Ben-Ghesheer severely damaged
- Libya: Tripoli Clashes Situational Report No.14 (As of 20 April 2019)
- Tunisian Foreign Ministry: Efforts Underway to Hold Meeting for Foreign Ministers of Tunisia, Egypt and Algeria to Halt Military Confrontations in Libya
- African Asylum-Seekers Could Bear Brunt of Proposed Travel Curbs
- Italian President: No to the Mediterranean to be a theatre for conflict over Libya
TRIPOLI Libyan security arrested a senior terrorist leader of the pro-Qaeda Shura Council of Mujahideen of Darna in the city of Misurata, some 250 km east of the capital Tripoli.
A special security force of Misurata on Friday arrested Abdulgader Abdussalam Azzuz, a Libyan citizen and a leader of the terrorist Shura Council of Mujahideen of Darna, a source in the Interior Ministry said.
The arrest operation was carried out after information was received about Azzuz's presence in a farm in the outskirts of Misurata, the source said.
Azzuz has been identified and arrested as he is wanted by the Attorney General for direct involvement in dozens of terrorist operations, the source added.
Libyan security has been monitoring 53-year-old Azzuz amid conflicting reports about his fate since 2018.
Azzuz, the Mufti of the Shura Council, was imprisoned for 14 years during the former regime rule before he was released in 2008.
The eastern-based army announced taking over the entire city of Darna in June 2018 and defeating the Shura Council, after besieging the city for four years. However, the army still engages in clashes with remnants of the militants in central Darna.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK