- ticket title
- Update: Libyas warring sides pull out of Geneva peace talks
- Libyan premier denounces Haftar as war criminal at UN
- UN launches new project to address link between terrorism arms and crime
- ERDOGAN SAYS TWO TURKISH SOLDIERS WERE KILLED IN LIBYA
- Erdogan Confirms First Turkish Soldier Deaths in Libya
TRIPOLI, Libya� Libyan customs, on Tuesday, seized more than nine million narcotic pills, inside containers, at the port of Al-Khoms in western Libya.
Customs and inspection officials at the port managed to seize a large shipment of more than nine million narcotic pills in boxes inside cargo containers, a customs official said.
The shipment documents indicate the shipment carried commercial goods. However, after inspection, the large amount of pills were found, the official said, noting that, the origin of the shipment is still unknown.
Al-Khoms is located some 120 km east of the capital, Tripoli.
Earlier in Jan, Libyan authorities seized eight tonnes of hashish inside two containers, at the port of Misurata, some 250 km east of Tripoli.
In Dec, customs at the Al-Khoms port, seized two shipments of weapons from Turkey.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK