- ticket title
- LIBYA: NEWS PHOTOGRAPHER KILLED IN TRIPOLI CLASHES
- SCORES OF MIGRANTS UNACCOUNTED FOR AFTER BOAT CAPSIZES OFF LIBYA: IOM
- Reports: Shipwrecks in Mediterranean Kill 170 Migrants
- Ten Confirmed Dead, 10 Missing From Burning Ships Off Kerch Strait
- Egypt Says Clashes Kill 7 Troops, 59 Militants in Sinai
TRIPOLI, The Libyan navy announced that it had received an Italian-made boat to support its efforts against illegal activities in the Mediterranean.
“The Libyan Coast Guard at Tripoli naval base received on Sunday the Italian-made boat Fezzan, which is 27 meters long and 7 meters wide,” the Libyan navy said in a statement.
According to the statement, the vessel will be used for patrols, surveillance, and combating illegal and unlicensed activities at sea.
Libyan Navy Chief Salim Erhuma held talks with his Italian counterpart Valter Girardelli in April on training and combating illegal immigration during the latter’s visit to Tripoli naval base.
The two officials discussed the need of the follow-up of the ongoing maintenance of Libyan navy vessels and increasing cooperation against illegal immigration.
The Italian navy provides support to the Libyan navy by sending its naval vessels to Tripoli to maintain the Libyan coast guard boats and help rescue migrants in the Mediterranean.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK