- ticket title
- IOM Libya Update, 01 – 15 October 2019
- Libya’s relentless militia war: Civilians harmed in the battle for Tripoli, April-August 2019
- Deputy Italian Foreign Minister: We Are Concerned About Growing Attacks Against Civilians in Libya
- Al Wahat Security Directorate Warns Against Renting Accomodations to Unknown Persons
- Presidency Council Approves Solution to Issues Part of Misrata-Tawergha Agreement
PARIS, France, November 20, 2014— France welcomes the decision by the UN Al Qaeda Sanctions Committee to impose sanctions on the Libyan terrorist entities Ansar al-Shariah Benghazi and Ansar al-Shariah Derna. Laurent Fabius called for these sanctions at the ministerial meeting on Libya on September 25 in New York.
We call on all states to immediately implement this decision against terrorist groups which cannot be regarded as interlocutors. We also call on all Libyans to refrain from providing them with any direct or indirect support.
France would like all parties in Libya to engage without delay in the political dialogue proposed by the UN to resolve the country’s crisis and build a sovereign, democratic and stable state.
SOURCE: France – Ministry of Foreign Affairs