- ticket title
- France voices concern about current tense situation in Libya
- Libya crisis: France suspends Nato mission role amid Turkey row
- 102 illegal immigrants rescued off western Libyan coast
- The Mandate Of The European Mission In Libya Is Extended Until Early July Next Year
- German Foreign Ministry: The War In Libya Can Only Be Stopped By The Parties To The Libyan Conflict Sitting At The Same Table
Libya’s UN-recognised government announced Friday another victory in its counter-offensive against eastern-based strongman Khalifa Haftar, overrunning his last western stronghold Tarhuna, launchpad of an abortive 14-month assault on the capital.
The recapture of the strategic town southeast of the capital capped a week that already saw the Government of National Accord reestablish control over the whole of Greater Tripoli, including the abandoned civilian airport on its southern outskirts.
“Our heroic forces have extended their control over the whole of Tarhuna,” said GNA spokesman Mohamad Gnounou.
“Our heroic forces have full control of Greater Tripoli right up to the city limits,” Gnounou announced on Thursday.
GNA head Fayez al-Sarraj vowed that his government would impose its control over the whole of Libya.
Source: National News Agency