- ticket title
- Ministry of Health condemns attack on medical caravan
- UN Development Programme: Ongoing Conflict in Libya Has Bas Consequences on Children
- 74 Migrants Rescued off Libyan Coast, 110 Others Turned Back
- Ghadams general hospital stage a protest
- Salame Discuss With Crisis Committee Safe Return of Morzug Residents and Basic Needs
TRIPOLI, Libya’s parliament, the eastern-based House of Representatives, held a formal session and discussed the security situation in southern Libya.
“After discussion and deliberation on the situation in southern Libya, especially the security situation, it was agreed that the parliament speaker would communicate with the concerned parties to provide security and stability in the south,” said Abdullah Bhelig, parliament spokesman.
According to local media, clashes took place on Sunday near the southern town of Um Al-Araneb, some 950 km south of the capital Tripoli, between local security and Chadian opposition militants. The clashes killed four security personnel.
Following the 2011 uprising that toppled former leader Muammar Gaddafi’s regime, Libya has been suffering escalating violence and chaos, as well as political division.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK