- ticket title
- 107 Illegal Migrants Including Women and Children Have Been Rescued
- UNICEF: Millions of Children Suffer Because of Conflict in Yemen, Syria and Libya
- Sun’allah: NOC Has Big Role in Upgrading Libyan Economy
- Libya: Euros 2 million in humanitarian assistance to cover basic needs
- Kremlin: Putin and Merkel Agree on Avoiding Armed Struggle in Libyan Conflict
TRIPOLI, Libyan authorities deported 157 illegal African migrants on Thursday.
The migrants are mostly from Mali and were hoping to make it to Europe via the Mediterranean. The deportations were organised in cooperation with the International Organization for Migration.
Libya's illegal immigration office has been working with various embassies to arrange for the safe return of the migrants.
Last week authorities deported 140 migrants to Nigeria.
This month, the European Union and Mali signed an agreement under which Mali will get funds to help create jobs and strengthen border management in return for its help in fighting people smugglers and accepting deportees from Europe.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK