- ticket title
- UNHCR Somalia Factsheet: 1 – 31 October 2019
- Mediterranean Migrant Arrivals Reach 91,568 in 2019; Deaths Reach 1,091
- Regular press briefing by the Information Service: Syria, Yemen, World migration trends (15 November 2019)
- UNHCR Update Libya (15 November 2019) [EN/AR]
- Hunger, displacement and migration – A joint innovative approach to assessing needs of migrants in Libya
23:16 22.05.2016(updated 00:48 23.05.2016)
According to EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini’s statement, Libyan authorities have requested EU assistance in the training of employees of the Coast Guard and the country’s naval forces.
MOSCOW (Sputnik) – Libyan authorities have requested EU assistance in the training of employees of the Coast Guard and the country’s naval forces, according to EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini’s statement published Sunday.
“The Libyan Prime Minister [Fayez] Serraj has written to request rapid EU support contributing to the training of the Libyan Navy and Coast Guard, as well as the security service,” the statement read.
According to Mogherini, the move of the Libyan authorities is an “important development” that is due to be discussed on Monday during a meeting of the European Council on foreign affairs in order to fulfil all necessary measures to support the Libyan population as soon as possible.
On Friday, Mogherini said the European Union and the NATO could cooperate in training Libyan coastguards in curbing arms smuggling in the Mediterranean.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|