- ticket title
- Minister Of Local Government Meets Director Of UN Development Programme.
- 2nd Meeting Of Scientific Committee Of 5+5 Training Centre For Demining For Humanitarian Purposes Convened In Libya.
- Minister Of Employment Discuss With Turkish Ambassador Return Of Turkish Companies.
- President Of Presidency Council Receives Delegation Of Basin Of Morzog.
- Salak Underlines Keen Interest Of President Of Presidency Council To End Bloodshed In Southern Region.
TRIPOLI, An armed group has handed over Tripoli’s seaport to the Libyan government as part of the government’s new security arrangements, the Interior Ministry said.
The seaport was surrendered by al-Nawasi armed group, one of the largest armed groups which controls a number of public buildings in the capital, the ministry noted.
The new security arrangements, which focus on forming joint police and army forces to secure Tripoli, were adopted by the government last month when violence broke out in the capital city between the government forces and several armed groups.
The fighting lasted almost a month, killing and injuring hundreds of people, and forced many families to flee their homes.
On Sept. 12, UN Special Envoy to Libya Ghassan Salame announced the start of the implementation of the new security arrangements.
Source: NAM NEW NETWORK