- ticket title
- DTM Libya – Murzuq Flash Update (20 August 2019)
- US State Department: US and Egyptian Foreign Ministers Stress Importance of Political Solution in Libya
- Committee Set up to Follow Court Ruling on Libyan Assets Abroad Convenes
- Deadly airstrikes and drone hits displace thousands of civilians in Libya oasis town
- Niger: Country Operation Update, June-July 2019
TRIPOLI, An armed group has handed over Tripoli’s seaport to the Libyan government as part of the government’s new security arrangements, the Interior Ministry said.
The seaport was surrendered by al-Nawasi armed group, one of the largest armed groups which controls a number of public buildings in the capital, the ministry noted.
The new security arrangements, which focus on forming joint police and army forces to secure Tripoli, were adopted by the government last month when violence broke out in the capital city between the government forces and several armed groups.
The fighting lasted almost a month, killing and injuring hundreds of people, and forced many families to flee their homes.
On Sept. 12, UN Special Envoy to Libya Ghassan Salame announced the start of the implementation of the new security arrangements.
Source: NAM NEW NETWORK