- ticket title
- Sudanese Official: We Are Not Sponsoring Terrorists
- Siniora delivers speech at Arab Bankers’ Association Gala Dinner in Jumeirah
- LIBYA: TRIBE OF SLAIN REBEL COMMANDER PROTESTS AT EASTERN OIL PORT
- شركة إنموبي تستحوذ على شركة الإعلانات والبيانات الأميركية بنسايت ميديا
- معرض كانتون الـ 124 سيفتح السوق الصيني بصورة أكبر أمام المتسوقين العالميين
TRIPOLI, An armed group has handed over Tripoli’s seaport to the Libyan government as part of the government’s new security arrangements, the Interior Ministry said.
The seaport was surrendered by al-Nawasi armed group, one of the largest armed groups which controls a number of public buildings in the capital, the ministry noted.
The new security arrangements, which focus on forming joint police and army forces to secure Tripoli, were adopted by the government last month when violence broke out in the capital city between the government forces and several armed groups.
The fighting lasted almost a month, killing and injuring hundreds of people, and forced many families to flee their homes.
On Sept. 12, UN Special Envoy to Libya Ghassan Salame announced the start of the implementation of the new security arrangements.
Source: NAM NEW NETWORK