- ticket title
- GIEWS Country Brief: Libya 17-October-2019
- Libya Says 82 Illegal Immigrants Rescued Off Western Coast
- Sudan Border Closures With Libya, CAR Begin to Have Impact
- French Foreign Minister: Libyan Key Players Convinced Solution to Crisis is Political
- Russian Foreign Minister: Armed Confrontation in Libya Created Security Vacuum
The historical background of Eid al-Adha is that the Prophet Abraham had a dream in which he was sacrificing his young son, Ismael. Abraham, a great believer in Allah, took his dream literally and wanted to sacrifice his son. But, according to the tradition, Allah, the Almighty, sent his angels and asked him to sacrifice an animal instead of his son.