- ticket title
- Niger: Country Operation Update, June-July 2019
- UNHCR Resettlement Update #75 – Libya-Niger Situation
- Why the EU and the US Should Act Now to Decriminalize Humanitarian Aid to Refugees and Migrants
- On board the Ocean Viking: “We feel humbled by their courage”
- The European Union and UNODC launch 15 million Euro project to dismantle migrant smuggling and human trafficking networks in North Africa
MOSCOW, Russia, Russian Foreign Minister, Sergey Lavrov, criticised the illegal US presence in Syria, saying that, Washington’s practices east of the Euphrates River are unacceptable.
In an interview, given to media outlets on Friday, Lavrov said that, Idleb is not the last problematic place in Syria, as there are large territories east of the Euphrates River, where absolutely unacceptable things happen; as the United States is trying to create a quasi-state there.
Lavrov said, Washington helps to create administrative bodies, to replace state bodies in that area, and it encourages displaced people to go back there, all the while the US, France, and other Western countries, do not want to provide suitable conditions for displaced people to return to other areas, so that a credible political process may begin.
“I cannot exclude that the US are trying to keep the situation heated up in the region, to ensure that everyone is on the edge. It’s easier for them to catch fish in the water they muddied. Such policies never ended well,” Lavrov warned.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK