- ticket title
- GNA Interior Ministry Undersecretary Meets Displaced Committee in Morzug
- Libyan People Celebrate Anniversary of Martyrdom of Omar Mukhtar
- UNHCR Calls for Greater Solidarity With Stranded Refugees in Libya
- Algeria Demands Adherence to UN Resolutions Banning Arms to Libya
- Dr Emari Zaed meets with US Charge D’affairs
Rome, According to figures issued by the
Italian Interior Ministry, the flow of migrants who arrive by Sea has
decreased in the last ten months by 79.4% to 43166 against 147942 in
the period from July 2016 to April 20,2017.
These figures marked a decline, for the tenth consecutive
month, of irregular migration to the country's shores, the Ministry
said, noting that in the period from beginning of July 2017 up to now
104776 migrants have been registered, which lesser that the same
period of last year.
The Ministry noted that July 2017 has seen the launch of a new
strategy to curb down irregular migration and trafficking, which
resulted in a reverse of flow, after the first six months of the same
Since January this year the number of migrants who have arrived
in Italy has reached 7551 compared to 36728 in the same period of
last year, a decrease of 79.4% . The rate of migrants who started the
journey in Libya was markedly decreased 85%.
Source: Libya News Agency