- ticket title
- NOC Calls for End to Clashes in Southern Tripoli and to Save its Facilities
- EU: Berlin Conference an Opportunity for Ending Political and Military Struggle in Libya
- Belgian UN Representative: Arms Embargo in Libya is Violated by UN Members
- Concluding Session, Third Committee Sends 17 Drafts to General Assembly as Delegates Joust over Language on Sexual, Reproductive Health, Rights
- President of Presidency Council Discuss With Undersecretary Health Ministry Needs
Rome, Italian Foreign Ministry has said the meeting on Libya due to be held in Vienna on Monday was designed to send a message of support from the international community to the government of national support in Libya led by Fayez Al Saraj including his very recent moves, a decision to set up the presidential guard and the joint operation room to combat state organisation Da'esh. A statement by Faranzena Palace said the Vienna meeting was key given that the Libyan Prime Minister Fayez Al Saraj was taking part as well as members of the council of the Government of National Accord, as a sign of the progress the Libyan dialogue talks have made in the last months. The statement noted that the meeting came as an extension of the meeting held in Rome on December 15, 2015, which turned into a crucial meeting during which the Libyan political agreement was signed and the UN Security Resolution 2259 was implemented, which paved the way for Al Saraj entry into the capital Tripoli on March 30. the meeting includes so called Rome formation, or the countries permanent members of the UN Security Council, some European countries, regional countries and organisations, and was also extended to include Malta, Chad, Niger and Sudan.
Source: Libyan News Agency