- ticket title
- AFP: Greece asks UN to condemn TurkeyLibya deal
- GNA Acting Minister of Education Discuss With Presidents of Universities Demands of Protesters
- Italy Warns EU Member States Over Deterioration of Situation in Libya, Urges Ceasefire
- Pan-Arab Parliament Calls for Implementation of UN Initiative to Settle Libyan Crisis in Full
- NOC: Tat Neft Resumes Exploration Activity in Ghadames Basin
Rome, 16 March 2016(Lana) Italian Foreign Minister Paolo Gentelone has said the meeting held in Rome on Tuesday by military leaders from 30 countries to discuss the situation in Libya 'did not constitute a declaration of a military mission that's meant as a military intervention in Libya.' This meeting was 'part of a series of several planning initiatives', Gentelone was quoted by the Italian Aki news agency on Tuesday. The pre-requisite for turning plans into a reality is the existence of government backed by the UN and the international community, he was quoted as saying. Gentelone said Last week 'we work to respond to any security requests by the next government in Libya, and of course we will do that after approval from our parliament.
Source: Libya News Agency