- ticket title
- Mediterranean Migrant Arrivals Reach 91,568 in 2019; Deaths Reach 1,091
- Regular press briefing by the Information Service: Syria, Yemen, World migration trends (15 November 2019)
- UNHCR Update Libya (15 November 2019) [EN/AR]
- Hunger, displacement and migration – A joint innovative approach to assessing needs of migrants in Libya
- Five things you need to know this week about global education (15 November 2019)
NNA – Airport – President of the Republic of Ireland, Michael D. Higgins, arrived 11:00 p.m. Sunday at Rafic Hariri International Airport, coming from Istanbul, for a 3-day official visit to Lebanon.
The Irish President was welcomed upon arrival by Prime Minister Tamam Salam’s representative, Ambassador Ramez Dimashkieh, and the Honorary General Consul of Ireland, Ambassador George Siam.
President Higgins is to meet Monday with PM Salam, who will be holding a luncheon banquet in his honor.
Higgins will also be checking on his country’s contingent operating within the UNIFIL peacekeeping forces in the South on Tuesday. He is scheduled to meet as well with representatives of a number of civil society organizations, and heads of EU and international missions concerned with Syrian refugees’ issues.