- ticket title
- Libya’s UN-backed government launches airstrikes on east-based army
- Ministry of Employment takes part in Local Government Forum
- Alternative Accommodation for Displaced People/Discussed
- Local Government Minister issues resolution to transfer competencies to local administration units
- UN and Red Cross chiefs appeal for end to use of explosive weapons in cities
SUPPORT TO LIBYAN AND MIGRANT COMMUNITIES, 1-15 JUNE
The Health team provided medical assistance to 559 migrants and 4,912 internally displaced persons, while a total of 345 migrants and displaced persons were referred to the hospital for specialized health care. . IOM, WHO, IMC and NCDC launched a TB secreening campaign in detention centres.
IOM's Community Stabilization programme distributed business toolkits for 23 micro-entrepreneurs in Qatroun who received a business skills and financial management training earlier this year.
The Protection team continues to conduct regular visits, screenings and interviews with migrants in detention centres and urban areas. So far in 2019, the protection team supported 194 migrants with alernatives to detention. Since the beginning of the clashes in Tripoli, the protection team increased monitoring visits to detention centres and vulnerable migrants staying with host familes.
The Technical Cooperation team is conducting regular visits to detention centres inside and around Tripoli to assess the needs of the migrants and monitor closely the conditions in the centres. The team also conducted rehabilitation work in disembarkation points and detention centres.
Source: International Organization for Migration