- ticket title
- Absence of Multilateral Trade System Threatens Sustainable Development, Delegates Stress as Second Committee Takes Up Macroeconomic Policy Questions
- NAG Interior Ministry’s Undersecretary meets with the President of the National Civil Aviation Security Program.
- NAG Minister of Justice meets Deputy Head of the UN Humanitarian Mission in Libya.
- Sarraj meets with Gharyan city’s delegation in Tripoli.
- Third Committee Delegates Applaud Gains in Children’s Access to Health Care, Legal Protections, while Decrying Deadly Impact of Conflict on Their Development
ADDIS ABABA (Ethiopia)- The International Contact Group for Libya held Wednesday in Addis Ababa its inaugural meeting under the chairmanship of African Union Commissioner for Peace and Security Smail Chergui, Foreign Affairs Ministry said in a communiqueacute.
This meeting was marked by the participation of Special Representative of United Nations Secretary General for Libya Bernardino Leon, Special Envoy of the chairperson of the African Union Commission to Libya Dileita Mohamed Dileita, Foreign Affairs ministers of Libya, Niger and Chad as well as the representatives of other neighbouring countries of Libya.
Representatives from Mauritania, Nigeria, South Africa, permanent State members of the United Nations Security Council, Spain, Italy, the Arab League, the Community of Sahel-Saharan States (CEN-SAD) and the European Union (EU) also participated in this meeting.
Algeria was represented by Secretary General of Foreign Affairs Ministry Abdelhamid Senouci Bereksi.
In his speech, Bereksi emphasized Algeria’s “tireless efforts” to back the Libyan parties in a political process of inclusive dialogue for a sustainable peace and a national reconciliation.
On the occasion of this meeting, the participants expressed their “deep concern” about the situation in Libya.
Source : Algerie Presse Service