- ticket title
- Libya: Imported camels evacuated from capital after port comes under fire
- UNHCR Update Libya (21 February 2020)
- UN launches new project to address link between terrorism, arms and crime
- Escalating Burkina Faso violence brings wider Sahel displacement emergency into focus
- Missile attacks fuel UN’s fear for migrants fleeing Libya
An industry first for Europe and the Middle East, INRIX Roadway Analytics provides instant and highly precise road performance analysis via the cloud
– INRIX Roadway Analytics is the first portfolio of cloud-based, on-demand traffic insight tools available in Europe and the Middle East providing transport agencies with quick and easy access to in-depth roadway analysis and visualisations
– Built on INRIX XD Traffic, which covers 2.7 million kilometres of road in 28 countries[i] in Europe and the Middle East and available to users as a browser-based application, INRIX Roadway Analytics enables the efficient planning, monitoring and assessment of road performance
– The service is designed to help transport agencies and city planners reduce cost of daily operations, pinpoint areas that benefit most from road improvements and more accurately measure and report the impact of their investments
MUNICH, July 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — INRIX, Inc., the world leader in connected car services and movement analytics, has announced a new portfolio of road performance and analytical visualisation tools. “INRIX Roadway Analytics” is the first set of on-demand tools to be available in Europe and the Middle East that enables instant analysis of INRIX XD Traffic information via the cloud. The service offers an unprecedented level of access to highly precise information to better inform transport agencies when making key decisions on the performance of national and city road networks.
The cost of infrastructure congestion is estimated at one percent of GDP across Europe, and research suggests that up to $400 billion could be saved globally each year as a result of improving existing infrastructure through better management and maintenance[ii]. These factors highlight the importance of equipping road agencies with the latest tools to ensure they have the necessary insight to make informed decisions. INRIX Roadway Analytics was developed to meet this need and delivers easy, instant access to information for measuring and reporting road performance.
“By 2030, 60 percent of the world’s population will live in urban areas. The significant task road authorities face in tackling the problem of increasing congestion cannot be underestimated,” said Scott Sedlik, General Manager, Public Sector, INRIX. “We know from our public sector customers that there is a growing need for tools that identify trends when planning, monitoring, assessing and communicating the performance of roadways. This service provides agencies with the ability to carry out groundbreaking analysis that will not only improve their road network but also help cut costs.”
INRIX Roadway Analytics leverages the world’s largest traffic data network, which in its entirety covers 8 million kilometres of road in 45 countries, meaning that the technical analyses, charts, tables and other visualisations that form the output of the service are founded on reliable, tested data – the same data that leading automakers and transport agencies around the world rely on today. INRIX Roadway Analytics also allows users to create reports and other communication materials to convey important information and recommendations to drivers, decision makers and the general public.
The portfolio of tools provided by INRIX Roadway Analytics includes the following:
- Data Downloader enables users to directly query INRIX XD Traffic speed archive data (from 24 hours prior) for any road segment and/or time period required
- Performance Charts produce line and bar graphs, which enable before and after studies and/or comparison studies of roadways and use visualisations to communicate findings
- Congestion Scan uses heat maps to identify problem areas along a road, meaning transport agencies can pinpoint the location of congestion to better target improvement efforts
- Bottleneck Ranking identifies all bottlenecks or congested corridors during a specific analysis period within an area, and provides a ranking by determining the number of occurrences, length and duration of each bottleneck
INRIX Roadway Analytics benefits operators of national, strategic road networks as well as agencies that manage a network of city roads. National agencies benefit from access to on-demand data to analyse, visualise and understand road performance without the need for additional technology investments. They can also identify and compare locations that are operating sub-optimally to help prioritise road improvements and the investment of time and money, as well as perform before and after studies to quantify and communicate the impact of a road improvement or traffic event.
For cities, INRIX Roadway Analytics allows agencies to perform before and after studies to quantify and communicate the impact of a road improvement or event; monitor and identify performance trends on key roads, corridors or segments daily, monthly or yearly; produce and regularly report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on travel times, congestion reduction and other areas, such as emergency response times; and regularly monitor and compare roadway conditions at roadwork and construction sites and make adjustments as needed to minimize the impact on traffic flow.
In the public sector, transportation agencies are under pressure to provide more complete data-powered solutions for measuring system performance, streamlining operations or delivering new and improved services. INRIX is uniquely positioned to meet these demands, and more than 60 transportation agencies worldwide rely on INRIX traffic data and services, including Highways England in the UK, the Road Administration of Rhineland-Palatinate and the Baden-Württemberg Road Traffic Centre in Germany, and the Danish Road Directorate in Denmark.
INRIX Roadway Analytics will be commercially available in Europe and the Middle East from Q3 2016. For further information, please visit www.inrix.com/products/
INRIX is the global leader in connected car services and movement analytics, a new approach that leverages big data and the cloud to help manage urban mobility. By aggregating a variety of sources and applying intelligence, INRIX delivers comprehensive data and solutions to help move people, cities and businesses forward.
Our partners are automakers, governments, mobile operators, developers, advertisers, as well as enterprises large and small. We are literally everywhere with over 450 customers across more than 60 countries. INRIX is headquartered in Kirkland, WA, with offices in Seattle, Detroit, Santa Monica, London, Birmingham, Manchester, Munich, Beijing and São Paulo.
[i] Countries include: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Finland, France, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Kuwait, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey