- ticket title
- GIEWS Country Brief: Libya 17-October-2019
- Libya Says 82 Illegal Immigrants Rescued Off Western Coast
- Sudan Border Closures With Libya, CAR Begin to Have Impact
- French Foreign Minister: Libyan Key Players Convinced Solution to Crisis is Political
- Russian Foreign Minister: Armed Confrontation in Libya Created Security Vacuum
Our picksInfiltrating presidential campaigns; teen-phone monitoring app; forget the Libya model, and more
· When the CIA infiltrated a presidential campaign
· DHS’ new cybersecurity strategy highlights risk prioritization
· Lethal pig virus similar to SARS could jump to humans, researchers say
· Can the new Ebola vaccine stop the latest outbreak?
· Teen-phone monitoring app leaks info about teens and parents
· Forget the Libya model. South Africa shows the path to peace with Pyongyang.
· Security managers and modernization don’t mix…or do they?
· The futility of trying to prevent more school shootings in America
When the CIA infiltrated a presidential campaign (Steve Usdin, Politico)
Trump’s allegations about FBI surveillance may be baseless. But it actually happened to Barry Goldwater.
DHS’ new cybersecurity strategy highlights risk prioritization (Phil Goldstein, Fedtech)
The long-awaited strategy document says that DHS must stay agile and innovative in using technology to combat cybersecurity threats.
Lethal pig virus similar to SARS could jump to humans, researchers say (Sky News)
Symptoms caused by porcine deltacoronavirus, which can be fatal, include acute diarrhea and vomiting in infected pigs.
Can the new Ebola vaccine stop the latest outbreak? (Nurith Aizenman, NPR)
The Ebola vaccine has been two decades in the making, but it’s only now being put to use in the face of a looming crisis.
Teen-phone monitoring app leaks info about teens and parents(Caitlin Fairchild, Nextgov)
Have the monitors become the monitored?
Forget the Libya model. South Africa shows the path to peace with Pyongyang. (Terrence McNamee)
If Kim Jong Un follows in F.W. de Klerk’s footsteps, denuclearization could allow North Korea to move from pariah status to prosperity.
Security managers and modernization don’t mix…or do they? (Keren Cummins, Nextgov)
The reality is that secure DevOps is still more of a meta-conversation than it is an actual implementation effort.
The futility of trying to prevent more school shootings in America (Barbara Bradley Hagerty, The Atlantic)
As long as there is easy access to guns, there’s no way parents, teachers, and other specialists can thwart every violent teenager.