- ticket title
- GIEWS Country Brief: Libya 17-October-2019
- Libya Says 82 Illegal Immigrants Rescued Off Western Coast
- Sudan Border Closures With Libya, CAR Begin to Have Impact
- French Foreign Minister: Libyan Key Players Convinced Solution to Crisis is Political
- Russian Foreign Minister: Armed Confrontation in Libya Created Security Vacuum
A ceasefire in Syria took effect on Friday morning after President Bashar Al Assad’s regime and the main rebel force agreed to down arms for the Muslim holiday of Eid Al Adha. However, there were early signs it will be difficult to hold and the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has reported heavy fighting around a Syrian military base Friday.