- ticket title
- Putin to take part in Berlin conference on Libya on January 19
- Libya strongman Haftar in Greece for talks ahead of Berlin peace conference
- Six months following the enforced disappearance of Siham Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release
- Libya: Tens of thousands of children at risk amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict
- UNHCR Update Libya (17 January 2020)
A HAMPSHIRE hostage has appeared in a new ISIS propaganda video.
John Cantlie, who was captured by the Islamic Stage in Syria in 2012, has appeared in a number of videos for this Islamic State during his time being held captive.
The former Winchester resident appears thin in the film, which was uploaded to YouTube and features him criticising air strikes in northern Iraq.
In a video earlier this year he was seen discussing the bombing of Mosul University, which happened a few days later.
Mr Cantlie, whose father Paul lived in Droxford, worked for the Sunday Telegraph and Sunday Times prior to his capture.
A UK Foreign Office spokeswoman said: “We are looking at the contents of the latest propaganda video.”