- ticket title
- Italian Foreign Minister: New European Treaty on Migration Soon
- United Nations Support Mission in Libya (S/2020/41) [EN/AR]
- Trump administration plans to add Nigeria and six other nations to travel ban list: reports
- Surprise In Belarus, Kyrgyzstan About Reports On Expanded U.S. Travel Ban
- Trump Says U.S. Will Add ‘A Couple’ Of Countries To Travel-Ban List
November 7, 2014 – Hamilton, Ontario – Infrastructure Canada
Today, the Honourable Diane Finley, Minister responsible for Southwestern Ontario, on behalf of the Honourable Denis Lebel, Minister of Infrastructure, Communities and Intergovernmental Affairs and Minister of the Economic Development Agency of Canada for the Regions of Quebec, the MPP for Ancaster—Dundas—Flamborough—Westdale, Ted McMeekin, and representatives from the Hamilton International Airport, announced the start of construction for the new air cargo logistics facility at the John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport.
The new 70,000-square-foot facility will be built to accommodate the rising needs of the airport’s growing air freight business. The new facility will support a variety of logistics services, from multiple truck docks, to dedicated merchandise and courier handling, as well as secured customs areas. It will also include temperature controlled systems for a wide variety of climate-sensitive goods such as flowers, fruits and vegetables, and pharmaceutical products.
This airport is one of Canada’s largest airports for domestic air-cargo distribution. The upcoming improvements will provide many benefits to local businesses, cargo carriers and freight shippers.
- Since 2006, the Government of Canada has made unprecedented investments in infrastructure that have supported over 43,000 projects across the country.
- The governments of Canada and Ontario jointly committed $8 million towards total eligible costs for this initiative, under the Provincial-Territorial Base Fund.
- TradePort International Corporation, the organization responsible for management and development of John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport, is contributing $4 million to this project.
“Our Government is proud to contribute to important projects such as the construction of a new cargo terminal at the Hamilton International Airport. This new facility will allow the airport to provide cargo service on a much larger scale, which will attract more business, create local jobs and have a positive impact on the region’s economic development.”
– The Honourable Diane Finley, Minister of Public Works and Government Services and Member of Parliament for Haldimand—Norfolk
“I am very pleased to see this project moving ahead. The Hamilton Airport serves as an international gateway to south-western Ontario. This new facility will allow the airport to expand its air cargo business and help strengthen the local economy. This is another example of Ontario’s commitment to public infrastructure that contributes to long-term growth for the region.”
– Ted McMeekin, MPP for Ancaster—Dundas—Flamborough—Westdale
“We are extremely excited for the new opportunities the air cargo logistics facility will bring to John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport. This facility will allow us to further develop Hamilton International Airport’s strong presence in the air cargo industry, as well as increase the efficiency and diversity of goods that can be processed through the Airport.”
– Frank Scremin, President and CEO John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
Office of the Minister of Infrastructure, Communities and Intergovernmental Affairs and
Minister of the Economic Development Agency of Canada for the Regions of Quebec
Office of the Minister of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure
Director, Marketing and Communications
John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport