- ticket title
- Worshippers in Ethiopia Defy Ban on Large Gatherings Despite Coronavirus
- Malawi Orders Political Opposition to Halt Coronavirus Education Campaigns
- Zimbabwe Doctors, Nurses Down Tools Over COVID-19 PPEs
- Covid-19 arrives in Libya with first case as battles escalate around capital Tripoli
- Secretary Michael R. Pompeo At a Press Availability
– The new center, part of Grifols growing Diagnostic business, will train laboratory technicians, engineers, and specialists on Grifols systems and laboratory best practices.
– Grifols expanded presence in Dubai will deepen partnerships with customers and healthcare providers in the Middle East and Africa.
BARCELONA, Spain, Sept. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Grifols (MCE: GRF, MCE: GRF.P and NASDAQ: GRFS), a global healthcare company with more than 75-year legacy of improving people’s health and well-being, today celebrated the opening of its new training center in Dubai. Created to support the company’s growing Diagnostic business, the center will offer single and multi-day training courses for laboratory technicians, engineers, and specialists working with the company’s broad portfolio of Transfusion Medicine and Clinical Diagnostic instruments, assays, and software. The center will also train attendees on associated best practices in the laboratory.
“Locating this new center in Dubai, a city focused on being a healthcare center of excellence, allows us to more closely partner with customers throughout the Middle East and Africa working to provide excellent care to patients,” said Carsten Schroeder, president of the Grifols Diagnostic Division.
Globally, Grifols is paving the way for the growth of its Diagnostic division through the introduction of new products, entry into new markets, and strengthening of its presence in areas where it already operates. The division is focused on advancing patient care with innovative diagnostic solutions designed to simplify laboratory operations and improve the detection and management of disease.
Grifols is a global healthcare company with more than 75-year legacy of improving people’s health and well-being through the development of protein therapies, hospital pharmacy products, and diagnostic technology for clinical use. The company is present in more than 100 countries worldwide and its headquarters are located in Barcelona, Spain.
Grifols is a leader in plasma collection with a network of 160 plasma donation centers in the U.S., and is a leading producer of plasma-derived medicines. As a recognized leader in transfusion medicine, Grifols offers a comprehensive range of transfusion medicine, hemostasis, and immunoassay solutions for clinical laboratories, blood banks, and transfusion centers.
In 2015, sales exceeded EUR 3,934 million with a headcount close to 14,700 employees. Grifols demonstrates its commitment to advancing healthcare by allocating a significant portion of its annual income to R&D.
The company’s class A shares are listed on the Spanish Stock Exchange, where they are part of the Ibex-35 (MCE: GRF). Its non-voting class B shares are listed on the Mercado Continuo (MCE: GRF.P) and on the U.S. NASDAQ via ADRs (NASDAQ: GRFS).
For more information, visit www.grifols.com.