- ticket title
- Libya: Humanitarian Dashboard (Jan – July 2019)
- Libyan Coast Guard picks up nearly 500 migrants in region surrounding Tripoli
- How Pompeo Took Charge of US Response to Attack on Saudi Oil Fields
- Security Council Committee on Libya Meets with Libyan Investment Authority
- Migrant shooting highlights concern about Libyan coast guard
Elements of a Libyan militia last week attacked the military site of the joint Sudanese-Libyan forces in Kufra, near the border, and ordered the troops to vacate the base.
The Sudanese government announced the attack on the Kufra base on Sunday. The officials also acknowledged the worsening of the security situation in Libya, and said that 140 Sudanese have been evacuated.
The spokesman of the Committee for Sudanese Stranded in Libya, El Tayb Ishag, confirmed the evacuation. “The 140 people who left on Saturday, belonged to the families of Sudanese diplomats.”
Ishag reported to Radio Dabanga from Tripoli that Libyan militiamen attacked a group of Sudanese in the area of El Ijeilat on Sunday. “Five of them group were serious injured.”
He reiterated that the Sudanese government “has not provided any protection to its nationals stranded in Libya, while the situation is worsening every day”.
Source : Radio Dabanga