- ticket title
- Deputy Minister of Interior Visits Narcotics Department
- GNA Council of Ministers Announces Resumption of Air Traffic at Amitiq Airport
- German Foreign Minister: Libya’s neighboring countries suffer from negative consequences of Libyan Crisis
- Libya – IDP and Returnee Key Findings Report 28 (Nov-Dec 2019)
- Activities of Secretary-General in Germany, 18-20 January
Valetta-- EU diplomatic sources revealed that the Government of National Accord in Libya has handed over to the EU a short list of equipment it needed, including boast to help stop the flow of migrants to Europe. In 2015 the UN launched 'Sofia' operation to track down traffickers, but unable to work in Libyan territorial waters, the EU is trying to supply Libyan coast guards with training and equipment. The Government of National Accord has demanded that it be given 130 speedboats, some armed, including 100 meter long surveillance boats, as well as radar and radio equipment, diplomatic sources said. 'Prospects for meeting all these demands at the time being aren't realistic at all, EU diplomatic sources said. Nato defence ministers were in Malta on Wednesday for a 2 day meeting, a EU source said. 'These wishes are being analyzed in the EU, A German Defence Ministry Spokesman said, adding that 'the goal is to provide the Libyan coast guard with equipment to the requested level, and such requests have be realistic.'
Source: Libya News Agency