- ticket title
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Libya’s Migrant Report: Round 26 | June – July 2019
- UNHCR Update Libya (13 September 2019)
- IOM Returns 127 Stranded Migrants Safely to 15 Countries Across Africa, Asia
- Scarred by Libya Abuse, Migrants Hope for New Life in Europe
- Nigeria’s child detainees, Myanmar’s ‘out of control’ military, and a ‘safe zone’ in Syria: The Cheat Sheet
Valetta-- EU diplomatic sources revealed that the Government of National Accord in Libya has handed over to the EU a short list of equipment it needed, including boast to help stop the flow of migrants to Europe. In 2015 the UN launched 'Sofia' operation to track down traffickers, but unable to work in Libyan territorial waters, the EU is trying to supply Libyan coast guards with training and equipment. The Government of National Accord has demanded that it be given 130 speedboats, some armed, including 100 meter long surveillance boats, as well as radar and radio equipment, diplomatic sources said. 'Prospects for meeting all these demands at the time being aren't realistic at all, EU diplomatic sources said. Nato defence ministers were in Malta on Wednesday for a 2 day meeting, a EU source said. 'These wishes are being analyzed in the EU, A German Defence Ministry Spokesman said, adding that 'the goal is to provide the Libyan coast guard with equipment to the requested level, and such requests have be realistic.'
Source: Libya News Agency