- ticket title
- Daily Press Briefing by the Office of the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General
- IOM DTM Monthly Regional Report – Middle East & North Africa: January 2020
- IOM DTM Monthly Regional Report – Middle East & North Africa: February 2020
- EU launches Operation IRINI to enforce Libya arms embargo
- United Nations Staff Union President Urges States to Enhance Peacekeeper Security, as Targeted Attacks Kill 423 Blue Helmets, Civilian Personnel in Last Decade
NNA – “France praises the appointment of Ghassan Salameh as the Special Representative and Head of the UN Support Mission in Libya,” French Embassy in Lebanon said in a press release on Tuesday.
“[France] will give [Ghassan Salameh] full support [on his new mission] in order to promote dialogue between the [conflicting] parties in Lybia, as well as consolidating the political process sponsored by the United Nations and coordinating the diplomatic initiatives,” the statement added.
France also called on the various political parties in Lybia to recommit to the Lybian Political Agreement to counter the organized crimes and terrorism.
In this context, France expressed keenness over the implementation of the Security Council Resolutions which included full compliance of arms embargo and combating exportation of illegal oil.