- ticket title
- EU High Representative For Foreign Affairs And Security Policy Calls For Calm And Respect For Truce
- Algerian President: We Are Ready To Help Restore Peace To Libya
- Libyas UN-backed government suspends participation in Geneva peace talks
- Update: Libyas east-based army says its attack on Turkish ship aims to prevent terrorists
- Update: UN tries to salvage Libya talks after government announces pullout
Brussels, The GNA-mandated Foreign Minister Mohamed Taher Siala has discussed with the EU Migration, Home Affairs and Citizenship Commissioner Dimitris Avramopoulos issues of common interest including migration and forging a common vision on how best to tackle the issue of illegal migration and its effect on the region. Siala told the EU official the solution was not only a security one, but rather economic and social, by providing investments in the source countries to create jobs and stability means. On his part Avramopoulos said the EU was prepared to provide support to Libya namely the equipment and technical advise to help it control its borders and, running joint programs to upgrade the efficiency of local institutions to combat trafficking and organized crime.
Source: Libyan News Agency