- ticket title
- Putin to take part in Berlin conference on Libya on January 19
- Libya strongman Haftar in Greece for talks ahead of Berlin peace conference
- Six months following the enforced disappearance of Siham Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release
- Libya: Tens of thousands of children at risk amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict
- UNHCR Update Libya (17 January 2020)
20 Aug 2014
Fiji is an island country in the South Pacific that faces unique economic and environmental challenges.
In response to these challenges, an island in Fiji called Cicia has made an unusual decision to secure its future.
Last year, the elders declared it an organic island as they believe organics is the key to a healthy and prosperous future for the next generation.
But the islanders cannot make money from organics without being officially certified and external certification is far too expensive for them. But now through an innovative system, they have started certifying themselves.
Joanne Levitan reports.