- ticket title
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Libya’s Migrant Report: Round 26 | June – July 2019
- UNHCR Update Libya (13 September 2019)
- IOM Returns 127 Stranded Migrants Safely to 15 Countries Across Africa, Asia
- Scarred by Libya Abuse, Migrants Hope for New Life in Europe
- Nigeria’s child detainees, Myanmar’s ‘out of control’ military, and a ‘safe zone’ in Syria: The Cheat Sheet
20 Aug 2014
Fiji is an island country in the South Pacific that faces unique economic and environmental challenges.
In response to these challenges, an island in Fiji called Cicia has made an unusual decision to secure its future.
Last year, the elders declared it an organic island as they believe organics is the key to a healthy and prosperous future for the next generation.
But the islanders cannot make money from organics without being officially certified and external certification is far too expensive for them. But now through an innovative system, they have started certifying themselves.
Joanne Levitan reports.